Monday, May 23, 2011

CLD #275

Founded on Google: A Translation of the Tefillah that is said when leaving the Beit Midrash - check it out -

I thank you, my G-d
That you have granted my portion among the students in a beit midrash and not among idlers
For I arise early and they arise early
I arise early to immerse myself in Torah
And they arise early for things without value
I work and they work
I work and receive a reward and they work but do not receive a reward
I run and they run
I run to the life of the world to come and they run to the pit of destruction.
       This is so fanatic?!?! To say that EVERYTHING that has nothing to do with the Torah HaKdosha HAS NO VALUE?!?! This is ridiculous!
       However, we need to realize something amazing behind the
       pshat (literal meaning) of this tefillah. The fact that
       everything with do is related to the Torah HaKdosha, to 
helping in the Avodat Hashem, in the overall Tikkun Olam!

Whenever one of us loves, helps out, does Chesed, gives 
Tzdaka, speaks on the phone to his/her friend who is upset by
giving them a little chizuk, or even simply talking to Hashem
on the walk back from the deli down the block. It is all 
related! 

B'H We are all in a place in our lives (at our age) where we 

can choose to do 
WHATEVER WE WANT!
 B'H we are all 
thriving to try to reach 
our financial potentials, but what 
about our spiritual level? Our relationship with Hashem?
What is a relationship 
with Hashem? 
If we cannot even come 
up with a simple 
answer of "He is 
the one who helps me out 
through everything I do," then honestly its time for us to do 


       some Cheshbon Nefesh (self reflection) and see how 
we can 
       push ourselves to become "better Jews" by LIVING the 
 Torah, 
       not simply learning it.

Judaism=Think. Literally.

Check anonymous Reaction Below:

0 comments:

Post a Comment